Okay, now I am obsessed with lavender-flavor anything. Some people think it tastes like soap or something but not me!
I was so excited when I found lavender extract at Savory Spice Shop. This store rocks because they have all kinds of goodies! You can order from their site or they have locations throughout California. I go to the one in Sonoma, CA.
I was slightly jealous of all my friends at our Easter party yesterday because they had some AMAZING (my boyfriend said it was possibly the best ice cream he's ever had) homemade ice cream.
WHATEVER I said. Just kidding..I pretended like it looked gross and I honestly didn't want any. Well I passed up the brownies also. That made me want to make ice cream today!
So that being said here is some amazing guilt free ice cream. Feel free to experiment yourself as well.
1 1/2 frozen bananas
1/4 cup frozen mangos (I use Trader Joe's frozen mangoes)
1 tsp Vegan Chocolate Shakeology
sprinkle of honey powder (optional)
splash of water
splash of lavender extract
1. Put the frozen bananas in a high speed blender or even a food processor (I use a Ninja) you have it.
2. Pulse a little bit so the big chunks of bananas break down (the bananas will be super hard and difficult to work with so you can let them sit out for 5 minutes to soften before you blend them.
3. Add the frozen mangoes, Vegan Chocolate Shakeology, water, and lavender extract.
4. Slowly pulse the ingredients until it starts to break down more and blend until creamy texture. About 30 seconds or so depending on your blender/food processor.
5. Add another splash of water if it is not creamy enough. (You can also add almond milk or canned coconut milk or cream for a creamier texture).
6. Transfer to a bowl and sprinkle Vegan Chocolate Shakeology and honey powder on top.
Healthy Homemade is inspired by myself and other amazing chefs. This is a place for people to find healthy homemade and semi-homemade recipes.