1/2 cup dark chocolate or unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup chocolate chips of your choice, I used Carob chips
1 cup almond milk (can substitute with coconut milk, soy milk, dairy milk, your choice)
1/4 cup honey (can substitute with 1/2 cup maple syrup)
2 Tbsp coconut sugar (can use 12 drops stevia, or any different kind of sugar you have)
3 Tbsp coconut oil
2.5 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp + 2 tsp flax meal
3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp coconut flour
3 Tbsp arrowroot starch (can substitute with cornstarch, or tapioca starch)
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp pinch of salt
1/4 cup mini chocolate chips (I did not add chocolate chips in the batch below shown but these are to be folded in the batter. You can also use regular chocolate chips for bigger chunks)
1. Preheat oven to 365 degrees F.
2. Heat almond milk to just about a boil. Pour into a bowl. Add the flax meal, dark chocolate or unsweetened cocoa powder, chocolate chips. Let sit for a minute and then mix well to a smooth consistency (chocolate chips should melt in).
3. Add honey, sugar, oil, vanilla extract, and mix well. Let sit for another 5 minutes.
4. In another bowl add coconut flour, starch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk dry ingredients well.
5. These next steps need to be quick since the batter continues to dry out quickly. Add dry to wet and mix well to combine. You can also fold in your chocolate chips here.
6. Quickly transfer to an 8 by 8 baking pan lined with parchment paper (you can also grease the pan with coconut oil). Pat down to flatten.
7. Bake at 365 degrees F for 24 to 25 minutes.
8. Cool before slicing (I can't resist not to slice and eat right away). BEST EATEN WARM. <3
Note: Would also be DELISH with some melted chocolate drizzled over the top. You can also add more chocolate chips in step 2 then the recipe calls for to make them sweeter, or add more sugar.
Healthy Homemade is inspired by myself and other amazing chefs. This is a place for people to find healthy homemade and semi-homemade recipes.