1 whole free range chicken
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
2. To prepare the chicken, unwrap it and put it in a baking dish (I throw away the giblets but you can keep them to cook them)
3. Cover your chicken with a good amount of salt and pepper. Cut the lemon in slices and put some in the center and some in the wings of the chicken. Put a few rosemary sprigs in the center of the chicken and coarsely chop up a sprig of rosemary and put it on the top. Coarsely chop up a few cloves of garlic and about a half of onion. Place the onion and garlic throughout and on top of the chicken.
4. Put the chicken in the oven and cook the chicken at 425 degrees F for 45 minutes, reduce heat to 350 for another 20-25 minutes.
5. Remove chicken, let rest for 5 minutes. Cut into the leg and make sure the juices are running clear.
Healthy Homemade is inspired by myself and other amazing chefs. This is a place for people to find healthy homemade and semi-homemade recipes.