Spicy Chicken Curry Soup
3 carrots (chopped)
1/2 onion (chopped)
2 zucchinis (chopped)
1 bell pepper (chopped)
1 cup brussel sprouts (cut into fourths)
1 inch cube ginger (grated)
2 cloves garlic (minced)
2 tsp olive oil
4 cups water
3 cups coconut milk (carton, unsweetened is best but I used vanilla here)
2 chicken breasts (1 inch cubes)
2 large potatoes (chopped)
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper*
1/2 tsp poultry seasoning
1 cube chicken bourbillon
1 tsp curry powder
1 tsp red curry paste
1. Saute the onions, garlic, bell pepper, zucchini, carrots, and brussel sprouts in 1 tsp olive oil on medium heat in a DEEP soup pot* for about 5-7 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cube the chicken and saute it in a pan with 1 tsp olive oil and poultry seasoning. Set aside when done (about 5-7 minutes or until white).
3. Add water and coconut milk, and raise the heat to high (it's ok if it starts boiling, that's what you want).
4. Add in the potatoes, chicken, salt, pepper, cayenne powder, bourbillon, curry powder, and red curry paste.
5. Cook for about 10 mins while boiling, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for another 5 minutes.
6. Enjoy! Be careful it's hot ;)
*this will make it spicy, if you don't want it as spicy use less or none
*if you have a smaller pot try cutting the recipe in half to make a little less
Healthy Homemade is inspired by myself and other amazing chefs. This is a place for people to find healthy homemade and semi-homemade recipes.